Hey guys! I hope you all had a great November. I decided to fill this post out as the month went on rather than all at once at the end of the month and it has definitely helped! This post hasn’t taken nearly as long as it wold have done if I had done it all at once and I think I am definitely going to keep filling out my Wrap Up posts throughout the month. Looking back over the month, I definitely need to go onto a book buying ban until at least the new year! I feel like I had a great reading month and I am well on my way to completing this year’s Goodreads Reading Challenge with 87/90 books read so far.
- Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton – DNF, 1 star (Read in October, reviewed in November).
- The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye – DNF, 1 star.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – 5 star
- Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano – DNF, 1 star
- Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins – Review on Goodreads (Adult), 5 star
- Taunting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins – Review on Goodreads (Adult), 5 star
- Beta Read – A bond of Destiny and Dragons by Karen Tomlinson (obviously no review)
- You Will Be Mine by Natasha Preston – ARC, 4 star.
- Warcross by Marie Lu – 5 star
- Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton – 4 star
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – DNF, 1 star (review to come!)
- First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirrowy – DNF, 1 star (review to come!)
Physical Books read this month! Missing is The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye because I traded it for another book with someone
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- The Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers
- What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler
- Skinny by Ibi Kaslik
- A Whole New World: A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell
- Once Upon a Dream: A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
- Bleed Like Me by Christa Desir
- The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O’Brien
- What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang
- Once We Were by Kat Zhang
- Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
- Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre (Trade)
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
- Flashfall by Jenny Moyer
- First Days by C. L. Stone
- Drop of Doubt by C. L. Stone
- Lament: The Faerie Queen’s Deception by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Hobbit (Parts 1 and 2) Slipcase edition by J. R. R. Tolkein
- Roseblood by A. G. Howard
- Fairyloot book (See unboxing to avoid spoilers)
Physical books bought this month! I found a website that is similar to Book Outlet but for Germany and I may have gone a little wild!
- You Will Be Mine by Natasha Preston – Netgalley
- #Prettyboy Must Die by Kimberly Reid – Netgalley
- Pretty Dead Girls by Monica Murphy – Netgalley
- Fairyloot book (see unboxing to avoid spoilers)
- Monday 6th – Skinny by Ibi Kaslik
- Monday 13th – The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Monday 20th – No Saints in Kansas by Amy Bashear
- Monday 27th – Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julia C. Dao
Book of the Month
I’ve decided to add a new feature to my monthly wrap ups and that is the Book of the Month. This will be my favourite book read during the month! So, this months book of the month is a from an author I wasn’t expecting to love because I disliked all of her previous works!
Published: September 12th 2017 by G. P. Putnam’s son book for Young Readers
For the millions who log in every day, Warcross isn’t just a game—it’s a way of life. The obsession started ten years ago and its fan base now spans the globe, some eager to escape from reality and others hoping to make a profit. Struggling to make ends meet, teenage hacker Emika Chen works as a bounty hunter, tracking down players who bet on the game illegally. But the bounty hunting world is a competitive one, and survival has not been easy. Needing to make some quick cash, Emika takes a risk and hacks into the opening game of the international Warcross Championships—only to accidentally glitch herself into the action and become an overnight sensation.
Convinced she’s going to be arrested, Emika is shocked when instead she gets a call from the game’s creator, the elusive young billionaire Hideo Tanaka, with an irresistible offer. He needs a spy on the inside of this year’s tournament in order to uncover a security problem . . . and he wants Emika for the job. With no time to lose, Emika’s whisked off to Tokyo and thrust into a world of fame and fortune that she’s only dreamed of. But soon her investigation uncovers a sinister plot, with major consequences for the entire Warcross empire.
This has been a fantastic month for me and I cannot even believe that it is nearly the end of the year already! In other news, I have already put the Christmas decorations up (bar the tree) and the house is looking pretty festive!
How has your month been? Feel free to let me know in the comments and feel free to add your links to monthly wrap ups so I can see what you guys have been up to!
Find me Here:
Instagram/Twitter/Goodreads/Litsy @ Lauren’s Page Turners