Hey guys! I hope you all had a great November. I decided to fill this post out as the month went on rather than all at once at the end of the month and it has definitely helped! This post hasn’t taken nearly as long as it wold have done if I had done it all at once and I think I am definitely going to keep filling out my Wrap Up posts throughout the month. Looking back over the month, I definitely need to go onto a book buying ban until at least the new year! I feel like I had a great reading month and I am well on my way to completing this year’s Goodreads Reading Challenge with 87/90 books read so far.
- Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton – DNF, 1 star (Read in October, reviewed in November).
- The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye – DNF, 1 star.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – 5 star
- Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano – DNF, 1 star
- Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins – Review on Goodreads (Adult), 5 star
- Taunting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins – Review on Goodreads (Adult), 5 star
- Beta Read – A bond of Destiny and Dragons by Karen Tomlinson (obviously no review)
- You Will Be Mine by Natasha Preston – ARC, 4 star.
- Warcross by Marie Lu – 5 star
- Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton – 4 star
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – DNF, 1 star (review to come!)
- First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirrowy – DNF, 1 star (review to come!)
Physical Books read this month! Missing is The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye because I traded it for another book with someone
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- The Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers
- What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler
- Skinny by Ibi Kaslik
- A Whole New World: A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell
- Once Upon a Dream: A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
- Bleed Like Me by Christa Desir
- The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O’Brien
- What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang
- Once We Were by Kat Zhang
- Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
- Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre (Trade)
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
- Flashfall by Jenny Moyer
- First Days by C. L. Stone
- Drop of Doubt by C. L. Stone
- Lament: The Faerie Queen’s Deception by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Hobbit (Parts 1 and 2) Slipcase edition by J. R. R. Tolkein
- Roseblood by A. G. Howard
- Fairyloot book (See unboxing to avoid spoilers)
Physical books bought this month! I found a website that is similar to Book Outlet but for Germany and I may have gone a little wild!
- You Will Be Mine by Natasha Preston – Netgalley
- #Prettyboy Must Die by Kimberly Reid – Netgalley
- Pretty Dead Girls by Monica Murphy – Netgalley
- Fairyloot book (see unboxing to avoid spoilers)
- Monday 6th – Skinny by Ibi Kaslik
- Monday 13th – The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Monday 20th – No Saints in Kansas by Amy Bashear
- Monday 27th – Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julia C. Dao
Book of the Month
I’ve decided to add a new feature to my monthly wrap ups and that is the Book of the Month. This will be my favourite book read during the month! So, this months book of the month is a from an author I wasn’t expecting to love because I disliked all of her previous works!
Published: September 12th 2017 by G. P. Putnam’s son book for Young Readers
For the millions who log in every day, Warcross isn’t just a game—it’s a way of life. The obsession started ten years ago and its fan base now spans the globe, some eager to escape from reality and others hoping to make a profit. Struggling to make ends meet, teenage hacker Emika Chen works as a bounty hunter, tracking down players who bet on the game illegally. But the bounty hunting world is a competitive one, and survival has not been easy. Needing to make some quick cash, Emika takes a risk and hacks into the opening game of the international Warcross Championships—only to accidentally glitch herself into the action and become an overnight sensation.
Convinced she’s going to be arrested, Emika is shocked when instead she gets a call from the game’s creator, the elusive young billionaire Hideo Tanaka, with an irresistible offer. He needs a spy on the inside of this year’s tournament in order to uncover a security problem . . . and he wants Emika for the job. With no time to lose, Emika’s whisked off to Tokyo and thrust into a world of fame and fortune that she’s only dreamed of. But soon her investigation uncovers a sinister plot, with major consequences for the entire Warcross empire.
This has been a fantastic month for me and I cannot even believe that it is nearly the end of the year already! In other news, I have already put the Christmas decorations up (bar the tree) and the house is looking pretty festive!
How has your month been? Feel free to let me know in the comments and feel free to add your links to monthly wrap ups so I can see what you guys have been up to!
Find me Here:
Instagram/Twitter/Goodreads/Litsy @ Lauren’s Page Turners
19 thoughts on “November Wrap Up”
I feel like I really have to finally read Warcross! The premise seems intriguing and although I haven’t read anything by Marie Lu yet, this one seems like the perfect book to start! 😍
(Also, I didn’t know you’re from Germany! That’s really cool, I haven’t met anyone else who’s also from here, so I’m kinda excited. Would you mind telling me about the website that’s similar to Book Outlet? Because I know that I don’t /need/ anymore books, but I definitely want them!) 😊🌸
You ABSOLUTELY should! I haven’t liked any of Lu’s previous works, personally, so I was really hesitant to pick Warcross up, but I absolutely loved it and I highly recommend it 🙂
I’m originally from England, but I’ve lived in Germany for the last 5 years 🙂
I use Medimops! They have used books in both English and german and they also have the condition they’re in! I always buy very good/like new and I have had absolutely no complaints about the quality of the books 🙂
Okay, then I’m gonna move it up on my tbr and read it as soon as possible! 😊
What, really? Then I hope you’re enjoying life in Germany 🌸
I actually know medimops, but only from Amazon. You’re right, though, they always have pretty good book deals and I should look into that a little more! Thank you so much 💕
It’s good 🙂 I miss some English things, but Germany is still a nice place to live 🙂
I originally bought from them on amazon as well and then I just kind of stumbled across their website! You get free shipping above 10€ as well, which is always a bonus and they’re pretty great so 🙂 I hope you find some great deals 🙂
I‘m glad to hear that! 😊
I already have like 5 books in my shopping cart…. and I‘m still looking for more! 😂 (thank you again for the recommendation! They have really good deals over there!)
I could literally go wild on that shop… as is evident from this months haul! 😅😅 and they’re pretty quick with shipping as well! 🙂
I absolutely understand 🙈
Sounds good! I‘m so excited!!!! 😍
OMG that collection 😍….Warcross is also my book of the month 😍
Happy Reading 🙂
I went a little over board, but I regret nothing 😂😂😍😍 yes! Wasn’t Warcross just amazing!
When it is about there isn’t any limit…You should be proud (Y)
Warcross was just beyond AMAZING 😍
Wow, you had such an amazing reading month – so glad you loved Mara Dyer, it is one of my favorite series and I can’t wait for you to read the next books 🙂
Also, WOW you have gone a little bit crazy with the book-buying this month haha this is so amazing 😛 You have tons of great reads to look forward to, now 🙂
I loved Warcross so, so much, glad that it’s your book of the month!
Hope you’ll have an amazing December xx
I absolutely did! I read books 1 & 2 in the Mara Dyer series a few years back, but for some reason, I never got to book 3, even though I lived books 1 and 2! So, I wanted to re read before picking up three and then The Becoming of Noah Shaw!
I did – I went a little overboard, but I regret nothing 😛
Warcross was absolutely amazing and I am so glad I decided to take the plunge and buy it because I was blown away!
Thank you! I hope you do too ❤
Ohh, well I’ll be waiting on your thoughts for the Noah Shaw book! I haven’t bought it yet, but I can’t wait. I think people either love or hate it and feel like it is a useless book…well, from what I’ve seen, so I am a bit worried ahah.
I have also seen mixed reviews about it, so I’m definitely looking forward to forming my own opinion 🙂
I keep hearing mostly great things about Warcross but I think I will need to be in a certain mood for it to really work its charm on me. I will definitely read it one day though. Also, yay for Red Rising and Raven Boys among your bought books!
I hope you pick it up 🙂 it’s definitely amazing! 🙂 and I thought it was about time that I picked up Red Rising and the Raven Boys – I’ve heard great things about both! 🙂
Well, they are both on my favorites list. I would even go so far as to say that the Red Rising series is my favorite scifi series in ever.
Well, I’m currently reading Red Rising and I’m enjoying it so far 🙂 and I’ve heard that the series just gets better, so I’m definitely excited to finally be reading it
It seems like you got through so many books this month Lauren, it’s just a shame a lot of them were DNF ones for you (always sucks when a book is so bad you have to step away from it for good). Still I am so thrilled to see that Warcross is your book of the month for November. It was a brilliant read right? And I definitely can’t wait for the second in that series. 😀
Also wow that is a really impressive book haul! You have some amazing ones on that list though (some favourite ones of mine if I’m being honest) so I can’t wait to see what you think of them all.
Happy reading, and I hope you have a great December. 🙂 ❤