Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish
Hey guys! It is time for another TTT and this weeks topic is top ten of the most unique books I’ve read. I’ve definitely read some unique books and I am really excited about showing them off! so, in no particular order:
10. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas – This book was extremely unique and I was hooked from the very beginning! AND THAT ENDING!
9. Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill – This book… Just… THIS BOOK. It is so disturbing and so close to true society it’s unreal!
8. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma – This is the only book that I have read, or even seen, with this kind of subject matter.
7. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – What makes this book (along with the sequel) so unique is the way in which it is set up. It is not written like a normal book, but more like a case file/dossier with hacked files, Its etc. I absolutely loved it!
6. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – The characters made this duology special because each and every one of them had their own back story and had their own talents to add to the group!
5. Asking for It by Louise O’Neill – This is a completely raw look at how sexual abuse is viewed in our society today and the way in which victims are really treated – especially on social media. Just the emotions it provokes alone makes this book unique!
4. This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp – This is the first, and only, book on this particular subject matter that really had me hooked and bawling by the end of it!
3. Spelled by Betsy Schow – This is my favourite favourite of all retellings! I think this uniqueness will shine on its own if you read it!
2. The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma – I think the imagery in this book and the way it is told… it could be confusing at times, but at the same time it kept me hooked!
1. Pretty Wicked by Kelly Charron – The way in which we get into the mindset of the character in this book… which just happens to be a serial killer. The psychology the author managed to portray through this character within the book was unique!
Have you read any of these? Do you agree with my choices?