Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish
Hey guys! TTT is still on hiatus and the list hasn’t been updated yet (which we don’t mind because everyone deserves a break!), so I thought that I would do another past theme that I quite like and never did. So, I’ve decided to do top ten books that I HAD to buy, but haven’t actually read yet! so without further ado and in no particular order, here are the books sitting on my shelves, laughing at me:
10: Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch – I actually have a copy of this on my kindle and have done since the end of 2015!! This is a painful amount of time to have a book and not have read it!
9. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton – Again, I have this on my kindle and downloaded it sort of middle of last year? After all the good things I heard about it, I just couldn’t resist and I just haven’t picked it up yet!!
8. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee – I have a beautiful hardback copy of this book and I have been meaning to get to this for AGES!! I can’t believe I haven’t yet!
7. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski – I really enjoyed the first two instalments of this series and I have had this book on my shelf for a while now… I really should finish this series off!
6. Replica by Lauren Oliver – I have a paperback of this on my shelf and it is so beautiful! I have heard such amazing things about this and I just NEED TO PICK IT UP! However, every time I think about picking it up, my brain goes into overdrive with all the possibilities of how to read it…
5. Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – Ok, before you chase me with a frying pan, I have a copy of this on my shelf! I have heard so many amazing things about this book – however, I have the paperback and it is so floppy and difficult to hold… and the paper is like bible paper, so I’m thinking about ordering a hardback before reading it!
4. The Diabolic by S. J. Kincaid – I have heard fantastic things about this book and I can’t believe I haven’t even picked it up yet!
3. Court of Fives by Kate Elliott – I can’t actually remember when I downloaded this onto my kindle? I just know that it has been ages since and I haven’t picked it up yet because I need to be kicked…
2. The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge – I’ve had a paperback of this for ages now and I keep saying that I will get to it and I even posted on instagram that I would get to it… and I just haven’t. I WILL GET TO IT!! *Ahem*
1. Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes – I really enjoyed Falling Kingdoms and I did actually start this at one point, but I think I fell ill or something and then I fell into a reading slump, so I decided to stop before I ruined the book for myself! I need to pick it up again! 😀
I definitely feel guilty about not having picked these up yet because I have definitely heard some amazing things about all of these! I solemnly swear that I will pick these up!
13 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
Oooh, The Lie Tree looks really interesting!! And I want to read The Diabolic! Our TTT
I’m hoping to pick up The Diabolic soon as well 🙂 I have a copy on my shelf, butt I haven’t been in the mood for it yet! 🙂
I can totally relate! I think there are more books on my shelf that I HAVEN’T read in contrast to the books that I actually got around to reading… oopsie!
It’s so painful looking at them!! 😂😂😂 I can feel their judgy eyes on me 👀👀👀
Yes hahaha it makes me feel so guilty! Especially when I go out and buy more books, I can almost hear them haunting me! 😀
This seems to be a really popular theme – so many people seem to be writing about their TBR piles this week! I very rarely buy books, so if I don’t end up reading something I intended to read I just return it to the library, out of sight out of mind! 😉
I have every intention of reading the books I buy… I just get distracted… by other books 😂❤😂
Of these books the only two I own but haven’t gotten around to yet are The Diabolic (I managed to get a hardcover edition from Amazon for £5. I couldn’t resist) and The Thousandth Floor. I have a few more of your picks on my to-read list but as I haven’t brought them yet I’ll let myself off the hook on having not picked them up yet! 😀
I hope you manage to get around to some of these soon Lauren, they all sound like amazing books and actually Rebel of the Sands is a favourite of mine. 🙂
I just feel really bad for not having gotten around to them yet 😂😂 but I still couldn’t resist getting them!! I will get around to these soon! Maybe if I keep telling myself that, it will happen 😂😂 and I have heard some great things about Rebel of the Sands, so I can’t wait to pick it up!
There’s still time, and it’s not like you’re never planning on reading them you just need more time to actually get around to them. That’s what I tell myself about the same issue! 😀
A number of these titles are ones that I own but haven’t started as well. And you NEED to read The Winner’s Kiss soon! That last installment is so, so good. T.T
So many books and not enough time to read them all! I will definitely get around it soon… hopefully! 🙂