Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish
Hey guys! First of all, happy valentines day to everyone who celebrates it! I hope you all have an amazing day with loves, both old and new! This weeks TTT is sticking to the theme of valentines with the theme of romance tropes! There are so many things you can do with this, but I am going to go with my top ten ships! I love reading books with the right ships with slow burning romances and I want to share my favourite ships with you guys this week! There may be a couple of ships in there that either sunk or are still not so clear because the series is still going! So, in no particular order…
10. Feyre and Rhysand – I think that Rhys is completely dreamy and I absolutely love the relationship that Feyre and Rhys have and I am SO looking forward to seeing more of them in May
9. All of the ships in Six of Crows, but especially Kaz and Inej – So, I totally shippity ship all of our tropes in this book, but my major ship is Inej and Kaz because I feel like they deserve it the most after everything they have been through in life and I feel like the deserve it most because of everything they still have to go through before they get there…
8. Hugo and Diamond – I adored their relationship from the very beginning and it gets so much more intense in the second book! I absolutely cannot wait to see more of these two in the future!
7. Aelin and Rowan – These two are one of my favourite ships of ever because of everything that happened! I also think that, after the ending, it completely cemented the ship in my mind!
6. Henrietta and Blackwood – Ok, so, this ship hasn’t actually happened… but I have a really good feeling about it and it is the ship that I am on for this series… I am hoping it goes that way!
5. Mare and Maven – I am actually currently reading King’s Cage (at the time of writing which is Sunday evening), and I have, and continue, to ship the idea of Maven and Mare. I definitely feel that there is room for redemption in there and I am hoping that my ship does not sink! #TeamMaven
4. Darkling and Alina – Ok, so this ship sunk. I rode the ship of hope the entire way through the book and I was really upset with the ending! I definitely feel like these two had a much better connection than the ship that was followed…
3. Alyssa and Morpheus – This was my favourite ship throughout this entire series! I was dissatisfied with how things were figured out at the end, but I am glad it sort of worked out!
2. Juliette and Warner – These two!! I was #TeamWarner from the very beginning and this is and will always remain one of my favourite ships!
1. America and Maxon – I loved watching these two interacting and I did really enjoy the romance within this book – despite the mixed opinions!
What do you guys think of these ships? Do you agree with them or did you have different ships?
24 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
I haven’t started reading King’s Cage yet, but TEAM MAVEN! Wohoooo!
You should 🙂 it’s really good 🙂 I finished it last night! #TeamMaven 🙂
I have it at home, but I have other books that are more of a priority.
OMG I did SHIPS too! And we both have the same first pick 😉 I also love Six of Crows, Throne of Glass, Red Queen, Shadow and Bone (though I shipped differently there), Shatter Me, and The Selection! Great books and ships! My Top Ten
Ships are great – aren’t they!!! And great minds think alike 😂😂😂 they are all such amazing books!!
Great list! I’m so behind on YA, but I’ve been recommended ‘Shatter Me’ and ‘Splintered’. Happy to see them on your list, too. I should bump them higher on my TBR pile!
My My TTT
You definitely should!! Both series are absolutely excellent! 🙂
I was all for Alina and The Darkling at first, but then he got a bit too evil for me. Great list!
My Top Ten
Fair enough!!! I still really liked him despite everything!
I LOVE ALL YOUR SHIPS! But especially Feyre & Rhys, Kaz & Inej and Juliette & Warner ❤ Also, I just finished King's Cage and though I kind of like Cal, part of me is also still hoping for a Maven redemption!
Woohoo!! 🎉🎉 aren’t they all so adorable!! I really didn’t like the Cal time because I just didn’t get the spark at all… but yes to Maven time!! #TeamMaven
Totally agree with America and Maxon! I loved those two together. ❤
They were pretty adorable!
I love your take on this topic. Sometimes I forget about shipping characters in books (I’ve most recently been shipping Clarke and Lexa in The 100 show. That did not play out the way I wanted it to.) Happy reading!
eli @ the (book) supplier
I don’t watch a lot of tv so… 😂😂😂 and I hate it when any ship doesn’t go your way – whether t be tv or books! So depressing!
These are all great picks for this weeks TTT theme Lauren, and some of them made my list as well. I’m a fan of slow burn romance as well, it gives the characters time to develop apart before developing as a couple, and I find it makes their relationship stronger in my mind as well. Feyre and Rhysand are probably one of my ultimate OTP’s, and to think when I finished A Court of Thorns and Roses I shipped Feyre and Tamlin (I very quickly saw the error of my ways there!).
I also love all the Six of Crows couples, and the same with Aelin and Rowan from the Throne of Glass series and Juliette and Warner from Shatter Me. 😀
I actually preferred Rhys to Tamlin at the end of ACOTAR and I didn’t actually ship Feyre and Tamlin either 😂😂 for me there wasn’t that spark between them like there was in those brief moments between Rhys and Feyre! I’m excited to see how the couples in six of Crows develop in Crooked Kingdom! And I adored Juliette and Warner and Aelin and Rowan
I knew there’d be a love triangle the second Rhys was introduced, I just didn’t anticipate loving him as much as I ended up by the end of A Court of Mist and Fury.
You’ll love Crooked Kingdom, there’s so much development and oh just talking to you about it has made me want to go back and re-read it myself. 😀
I’m think of read reading ACOMAF again just for its awesomeness … and I’m enjoying it so far 🙂
Well it is an awesome book, and one I need to re-read again at some point before the third is released! 🙂
Kaz and Inej!!
*turns into a giant puddle of mush*
(also, I know I swore off Maas books, but everyone keeps going on about Rhysand, and I’m curious enough to give that series another chance)
I’m on Crooked Kingdom, so I’m looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops 🙂 and I know that ACOTAR was pretty slow – it set the scene more than anything else, but I thought ACOMAF was excellent 🙂
I WISH I’D SEEN THIS EARLIER SO I COULD HAVE WARNED YOU ABOUT THE SPOILERS.
(but omg I’ll give it a chance, then)
😂😂😂😂 it’s ok