Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish
Hey guys! It has been a while since I did one of these, but I am definitely excited to be joining in again – especially because this week is all about hidden gems! This weeks topic is top ten hidden gems (I’m going to go for hidden gems that I have read in general, rather than in the past year). Without further ado, and in no particular order:
10. These Great Affects by Andrew Toy – I read this a few months back after receiving an ARC from the author, and I absolutely loved it! It was extremely emotional and it is a book that will always stay with me!
9. Everlasting Flame by Katelyn Anderson – There are literally no words to describe just how much I love this book!! The MC is witty and hilarious – and it will rip you apart at the same time… I need the next book like now!
8. Spelled by Betsy Schow – Anyone who knows me, knows my love for this book. It is absolutely hilarious and is definitely a unique twist on all of the fairytales you know! In short… go read it!
7. The Awakening by Melissa A. Craven – This is a series that hooked me last year! The second book came out recently and I loved that one even more than the first! It is definitely book that more people need to be checking out!
6. A Bond of Venom and Magic by Karen Tomlinson – This book. I just… This was my favourite book of 2016. Let’s put that one out there. This book needs more love and attention because it is AMAZING!!!!
5. Pretty Wicked by Kelly Charron – This was a complete unique take on a murder book… told from the perspective of our murderer, instead of someone trying to figure out who the murderer is!!
4. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma – Ok, I read this book way back in 2014. A lot of people have read, there is a lot of ratings on Goodreads, but I still feel like this is, in a way, a hidden gem. The subject matter is so taboo, that I can imagine a lot of people won’t read it based purely on the subject matter. This book should be read, though, by absolutely everyone. This book broke me in all the best and worst ways possible and, despite the fact it has now been three years, I could bawl my eyes out just thinking about this book. Therefore… I am going to move on…
3. Somniare by D. T. Dyllin – I went into this book pretty cautiously, but I absolutely loved it! There was always something happening which kept me on the edge of my seat!
2. Dear Charlie by N. D. Gomes – I am always on the lookout for unique books on school shootings, and this one was one of those! It was interesting to read from the perspective of the family of the shooter and what they deal with after such a horrific incident takes place!
1. Vault of Dreams by Luke Taylor – This is another book that I read last year and I absolutely adored it!! I cannot wait to read more from this author!
That is it from me! Have you read any of these? Did you enjoy them? Feel free to leave links and comments and I will check them all out!
23 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
I’ve only read Forbidden, but I will check some of these titles out. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
Here’s my TTT
I hope you decide to read some of them 🙂
Forbidden!! I couldn’t agree more with way you said that book was amazing. I still recommend it all the time.
My Top Ten
Wasn’t it just!! It’s one of my all time favourites 🙂
I’m hoping to read A Bond of Venom and Magic soon! And Forbidden has been on my TBR for a while now as well, hope to read it soon.
I hope you love it as much as I do! 🙂
Lots of great covers!
Here’s my list of books you might have missed.
Some of them have such pretty covers 😍😍😍
Spelled looks SO good. I’m intrigued.
It was absolutely brilliant!! 😀 I definitely recommend it
Nice list of books. Many new book titles for me to check out!!
Here’s a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-ten-tuesday-ten-underratedhidden.html
I hope you enjoy them if you do 🙂
Love the cover of Spelled!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/17/top-ten-tuesday-92/
It is definitely pretty 😍😍
YES! I love Forbidden, such an underrated book I can’t believe more people haven’t read it.
Right?!? I absolutely loved that book and everyone should be reading it!!
Great picks for this week Lauren. A lot of these I haven’t actually heard of myself, and a couple of them I only heard about through your blog but I’ve already added them to my to-read list. The only one I’ve read is Spelled but I agree it was an amazing book, and I love fairytale retellings as well so that one was always going to be a book I enjoyed! 😀
Spelled was fantastic! 🙂 and you should definitely check some of these out!! Especially ABOVAM, Everlasting Flame and Forbidden 🙂
I think some of them are already on my to-read list but if they aren’t I’ll be sure to add them right away! 😀
I’ve only heard of Spelled from your list, but I’m going to check out the others from your lists. Thanks for the fantastic list!
Hope you enjoy them 🙂
Hi! These covers are great, but they look way too scary for me! haha.
😂😂 there’s nothing scary here!! Promise