Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish
Hey guys! Happy Thanksgiving for anyone who lives in the USA. I don’t live in the USA, so I don’t actually celebrate the holiday, but this weeks theme is a Thanksgiving Freebie. This week I’m going with books that I’m thankful for. I’m thankful for all the books that I love because the exist!! I love going to other places and worlds and living 1,000 of lives through words. So, here is to my favourite books and the authors who wrote them! In no particular order:
10. Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill – I loved this book. This book just had me gawping at the end and even now, I still gawp when I think about it! It was amazing and I recommend it to everyone!
9. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas – Between the two of these books, this one was my favourite and it is a book that I could read over and over again and never get bored of!
8. Spelled by Betsy Schow – This is my go – to book if I need a good laugh or I’m about to hit a reading slump in general. I also cannot wait for the next book!
7. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – Do I even need to explain my love for this book???
6. A Bond of Venom and Magic by Karen Tomlinson – This was my favourite fantasy read of this year!! It was so amazing and I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for the next book in this series… can I jump and squeal yet???
5. Everlasting Flame by Katelyn Anderson – Again, another book that I was completely sucked into and a world that I need more of! Can I also mention Dane??? *Dreamy eyes* He may be a villain, but he does sexy villainy!!
4. This is Where it Ends by Marieke Niejkamp – I am always on the look out for books with this kind of subject matter and this is by far one of my favourites! I read it in one sitting and I was absolutely bawling my eyes out by then end of it!
3. What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler – This book was a real eye opener on current issues with social media and sexual assault on teens. It was based on a true story and it was absolutely heart breaking!
2. Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley – Do not let this cover fool you! I normally would never have picked this book up based purely on the cover, but it was AMAZING!!! Full of action the whole way through!
1. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma – This is a major taboo subject… but it makes the reader root for all the wrong things and it was written in the best possible way! I loved every second of it!
These are just some of my favourite books out there, but I had to choose 10!
What are some of your favourite books? Feel free to leave links and comments and I will check them all out!
16 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
I have loved so many of these books. Love Dangerous Girls, Only Ever After and Forbidden ❤
They are such great books!! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
I loved This Is Where it Ends and Forbidden too! Both such incredible and emotional reads. The cover of A Bond of Venom and Magic looks so cute and fun, I’ll have to look that one up now. Great list!
I loved them both too!! Both had me bawling like a complete baby! ABOVAM is absolutely fantastic, so I do hope you decide to read it 🙂
A Court of Mist and Fury made my list too! I’m so thankful for it. I haven’t read the others yet, but most are already on my TBR.
I hope you enjoy them when you get to them 🙂
What a good list. “Spelled” is on my tbr for my months and I think that I’m going to read it, finally. ACOMAF is a great book too especially with this end and how everybody is hating on Tamlin but for me it was a great idea and I’m not hating on him even a little. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂 My TTT
I love Spelled!! I hope you get to it soon and I hope you love it as much as I do!! I didn’t really like Tamlin all that much from the beginning to be fair, but I am one of the haters 😂😂
Great picks for this week Lauren! I haven’t read all of these but I am definitely thankful A Court of Mist and Fury exists. That’s an all time favourite of mine and I am so so excited for the third book to be released! 😀
I literally cannot wait!!! I also love the title of the third one!!! 😀
Same, I can’t wait to see the cover as well! 😀
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/top-ten-tuesday-84/
No problem 🙂
I see a few books I need to add to my TBR list. Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope you enjoy them 🙃