Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish
Hey guys! It is time for another TTT. This week it is all about names! I decided to go with top ten names I would name my children! It feels like it wasn’t all that long ago that we were trying to decide on names for the little one, so I decided to revisit this time by telling you guys what I would name my children – what my husband say is a different story 😛
1. Aelin, Throne of Glass series – I absolutely love this name!
2. Alyssa, Splintered – I like this take on the name Alice and is definitely a name I would give my daughter
3. Eadlyn, The Heir – This is a unique name that I love!
4. Meira, Snow Like Ashes – Again, a really unique name!
5. Daenerys, ASOIAF – Because who wouldn’t name their daughter after the mother of Dragons?
1. Tanis, Dragonlance – I loved this character and I would most definitely name my son after him! Plus, it is a name you never hear!
2. Rhysand, ACOTAR – Do you need an explanation?
3. Rowan, ToG series – Again, explanation needed? I think not!
4. Jonas, Falling Kingdoms – I love this name and I also think this character has a lot more to give us in this series! (I have only read the first book!)
5. Elias, An Ember in the Ashes – Ok, technically this is cheating because I actually did name my son Elias! It’s a cute name!
Thats it! What names did you pick out? Feel free to leave links and comments and I will check them all out!
30 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
Great list! I love pretty much all your names and most of them are on my ‘hypothetical one-day maybe kid’ list. I would have some trouble with the spelling for Daenerys though, so probably it would just be Dani 😉
Daenerys would be a bit of a killer to write on the exam papers as well 😛
Elias is an adorable name. That’s so cute that it’s your son’s name!
Thank you! It is definitely a beautiful and unique name!
I prefer Celaena over Aelin, but both are very cool names. I think Maas’s name in general are pretty cool. Daenerys is great too! Though I would worry about my daughter being able to spell that. Come to think of it, Celaena is pretty hard to spell too. Hmm… Elias is definitely a good name!
I like both Aelin and Celaena 🙂 although my husband can’t pronounce them so they’re out 😛 I think that it would be a sucker to have to write that name on all the exam papers too!! lol
I like Rowan. That’s a nice name. Good choices!
I like the name Rowan. I think it would even suit a girl. 🙂
Great Top Ten 😀 My Top Ten Tuesday!
mmmm… I think thats subject to personal taste? I personally don’t like it for a girl, but definitely for a boy! 🙂
Great name choices, I love the name Elias, it’s definetly a cute name! I also quite like Meira and Jonas.
Thanks! It is! And I love the uniqueness of all of these!
Rowan sounds very familiar what book is he from?
The throne of glass series – he is introduced in Heir of Fire
Elias is a beautiful name 🙂
It is 🙂
Great picks for this week Lauren. I would definitely name my daughter after Daenerys becuase what a kick-ass character. Also Elias is a great name, did you name your son after you read An Ember in the Ashes as was introduced to the charater or just because you liked the name and saw it in a baby name book?
I saw it online somewhere and I was like ooo, that’s a pretty name – so I named him Elias 🙂 and then read the book 😂😂 Dani is great!!
So in that case when you read the book was Elias your favourite character? 🙂
No, not really… i felt weird reading a book where the MC has my sons name to be honest 😂
Oh, yeah, I didn’t think if it that way. 🙂
Daenarys would be an epic name. 🙂
Lauren @ Always Me
Aelin is a lovely name!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/top-ten-tuesday-79/
Hi! I like Aelin as well 🙂 Great list and such unusual names!
Aelin is great, and I like Alyssa too. For the guys I think Tanis and Rowan are great. Tanis I haven’t seen in ages but nice to see someone used it, I always liked that name when I read Dragonlance!
I’m so glad I finally found someone who has read Dragonlance!!! You made my day 😂 he was my favourite character, and I liked his name!!
I haven’t read hardly any of these, but I *love* how unique the name you chose are!