Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish
Hey guys!! It is time for another TTT and this week I am being resourceful for once and I am writing this on a Monday evening whilst my son is in bed!! I tend to write these posts with my son making a grab for my laptop! 😀 I call this progress ;-). This weeks topic is Books that I have read based on other reviewers recommendations/reviews. I have picked up quite a few books because I have read reviews and Just think that I have to read it! So, these are my top ten, and in no particular order:
10. The Girl with All the Gifts by M. R. Carey. I read this pretty recently, but I think I would never have picked it up if I hadn’tve read it if I didn’t read Cait’s review first. If you don’t know who Cait is, then clearly you live under a rock! Her reviews are always amazing, whether good or bad, and I absolutely lover her! Check out Paper Fury!
9. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – Way back when I first started out, I followed a blog called Rainy Tree Reader, and a lot of the books that she read and reviewed were books that I ended up picking up purely because I loved her review style. Sadly, Danica doesn’t write anymore, which I find sad, but I like to go back to her site every now and then.
8. The Lost Knight by Candy Atkins. I Actually first heard of this book thanks to Olivia at Heir of Glitter. I added it onto my TBR thanks to her review and I snagged a review copy from Xpresso Tours recently and I LOVED it! I am so stoked for book 2!
7. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. I didn’t pick this book up based on one particular reviewer, more like I saw so many amazing reviews that I decided to finally buy a copy! I still need to read the rest of this series, but the first book was amazing!
6. The Selection by Kiera Cass. Again, I loved the raving review from Danica at Rainy Tree Reader and added it to my TBR pretty much right away. I absolutely loved this series and I cannot wait to see more from this author.
5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. To be honest, I don’t even remember who I saw this from! I remember seeing a raving review and the cover is obviously to die for, so I went ahead and read it! One of my all time favourite series! 😀
4. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. I have a lot to the Danica for. I wish she still wrote! This is one of my ALL TIME favourite stand alones!
3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – Again, this book I picked up based on the multiple raving reviews I read! I still need to read Winter, though. Casually kicking myself right about now!
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – Again, a whole bunch of raving reviews! I cannot wait for this authors next book!
1. The Dragonlance Chronicles by Magaret Weis and Tracy Hickman – My dad owns these books and he recommended them to me ages ago, when I was still in school. I gobbled them all up!! The chronicles and the Dragonlance Legends are are amazing and I recommend them to absolutely everybody! Start with the Chronicles and go onto the Legends afterward! 😀
Thats it from me! So thank you to all you amazing people for recommending and reading and being generally awesome 🙂
What books did you pick up from other people? Feel free to leave links and comments and I will check them all out!
Find me here:
25 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
Oh Shatter Me is one of my all-time favorites and I’m actually really in the mood for a re-read lately 🙂 And I also read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Cinder, The Selection and Falling Kingdoms based on recomendations.
Good to see we have a lot in common 🙂
Throne of Glass and the Lunar Chronicles are definitely awesome series! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Winter 🙂 I’m planning to read Falling Kingdoms and Daughter of Smoke and Bone too. I’ve heard tons of awesome things about them.
The cover for Lost Knight looks amazing! Is it a graphic novel?
They most definitely are!! I will get around to winter. I will get around to winter! If I chant it enough, I probably will get around to it! You should, they are both amazing books!! And. No, it isn’t, but it’s worth the read!! And the cover is beautiful! 🙂
I’ll definitely give them a try! Added Lost Knight to my TBR too. Can’t say no to that cover 🙂
I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
The Lost Knoght sounds great. I just added it to my wishlist. I have read Cinder, but definitely have to check out the others as well. NIce job!
It definitely is! It’s a set up, I think, for the rest of the series, but definitely worth the read! 🙂
The Selection and Cinder have also been recommended to me quite a few times. I still haven’t read them yet!
You should! They’re great!
I have the Girl with All the Gifts but have yet to get around to it. I liked Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and I saw it everywhere, but I like the second book better. Cinder and Throne of Glass seem to be everywhere at the moment too! Falling Kingdoms looks really interesting too. Great list!
Here’s my TTT if you want to check it out: https://beccaeatsbooksblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/11/top-ten-recommended-books/
You should! It’s definitely unique! I saw that everywhere as well! And cinder and ToG were both amazing! 🙂 Falling Kingdoms is great, but I definitely need to continue reading the series! 🙂
Shatter Me is such a great series, and I agree, the covers are stunning ❤
It is and the covers are amazing! That is a cover buy right there
This is a great selection of books for this week Lauren, and if you enjoyed them all I’m guessing you’re please they were recommended to you as well! Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Cinder are favourite series of mine, and Throne of Glass and Shatter Me have become fast favourites as well.
Great picks for this week! 😀
I most definitely was!! They are definitely all faves of mine 🙂 thanks for stopping by!
That’s all right, you’ve definitely inspired me to add a few to my to-read list as well! 😀
I read a lot of these based on recommendations as well… Throne of Glass and Lunar Chronicles were so awesome, I’m glad so many people wouldn’t stop telling me to read them. 🙂 I keep meaning to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, it sounds amazing!
I know right!! What would we do without other people sometimes? And you definitely should!! They are so amazing! 🙂
There’s something extra special about books we love that were recommended by close friends and family – it’s like just another reminder of how well they know and understand us. 🙂
Most definitely! But I also love recommendations from strangers too! 🙂
The Girl With All The Gifts looks awesome and I can’t wait to try it. 🙂
Check out my TTT.
It definitely is unique!
Love the cover for the Lost Knight! I’ve never seen that one before, but you’ve got me curious 🙂 Also DRAGONS??? Yes to all the dragon books <3!!
It’s definitely worth the read! And yes! Dragonlance has lots of Dragons in them! I would definitely recommend them!! 🙂