Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish
Hey guys!! It is time for another TTT and this week I am being resourceful for once and I am writing this on a Monday evening whilst my son is in bed!! I tend to write these posts with my son making a grab for my laptop! 😀 I call this progress ;-). This weeks topic is Books that I have read based on other reviewers recommendations/reviews. I have picked up quite a few books because I have read reviews and Just think that I have to read it! So, these are my top ten, and in no particular order:
10. The Girl with All the Gifts by M. R. Carey. I read this pretty recently, but I think I would never have picked it up if I hadn’tve read it if I didn’t read Cait’s review first. If you don’t know who Cait is, then clearly you live under a rock! Her reviews are always amazing, whether good or bad, and I absolutely lover her! Check out Paper Fury!
9. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – Way back when I first started out, I followed a blog called Rainy Tree Reader, and a lot of the books that she read and reviewed were books that I ended up picking up purely because I loved her review style. Sadly, Danica doesn’t write anymore, which I find sad, but I like to go back to her site every now and then.
8. The Lost Knight by Candy Atkins. I Actually first heard of this book thanks to Olivia at Heir of Glitter. I added it onto my TBR thanks to her review and I snagged a review copy from Xpresso Tours recently and I LOVED it! I am so stoked for book 2!
7. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. I didn’t pick this book up based on one particular reviewer, more like I saw so many amazing reviews that I decided to finally buy a copy! I still need to read the rest of this series, but the first book was amazing!
6. The Selection by Kiera Cass. Again, I loved the raving review from Danica at Rainy Tree Reader and added it to my TBR pretty much right away. I absolutely loved this series and I cannot wait to see more from this author.
5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. To be honest, I don’t even remember who I saw this from! I remember seeing a raving review and the cover is obviously to die for, so I went ahead and read it! One of my all time favourite series! 😀
4. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. I have a lot to the Danica for. I wish she still wrote! This is one of my ALL TIME favourite stand alones!
3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – Again, this book I picked up based on the multiple raving reviews I read! I still need to read Winter, though. Casually kicking myself right about now!
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – Again, a whole bunch of raving reviews! I cannot wait for this authors next book!
1. The Dragonlance Chronicles by Magaret Weis and Tracy Hickman – My dad owns these books and he recommended them to me ages ago, when I was still in school. I gobbled them all up!! The chronicles and the Dragonlance Legends are are amazing and I recommend them to absolutely everybody! Start with the Chronicles and go onto the Legends afterward! 😀
Thats it from me! So thank you to all you amazing people for recommending and reading and being generally awesome 🙂
What books did you pick up from other people? Feel free to leave links and comments and I will check them all out!
Find me here: