Hey guys! So, I was nominated for this award a while back by Beth at Reading Every Night, and I literally just never got around to doing it! Therefore, I am doing it now whilst I still have five minutes! And I also literally just found out that my insert link button is working again! YAY!! Good to know that all I had to do was wait for OS X Sierra for the mac to come out!
Here are the Rules:
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a brief story about how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Nominate 15 people to do this tag too!
How my blog started:
I actually never started out blogging about books! I created a blog to just write about my daily life, which was originally known as lry93. I wanted to blog about books even back then, but I was worried about the fact that I didn’t have as many books as others etc. Whilst it was fun blogging about everyday things, and I had an audience, I wanted to blog about books. I decided to one day just go for it, and if it didn’t work out, well, that would be ok too! Here I am, 2 years later, with a whole bunch of people that I love from the book community and I can’t believe I didn’t start it sooner!
2 pieces of advice for new bloggers:
- Don’t be afraid to write your true opinion about books (or really anything!). There will always be someone who will not agree with you, but being honest is more important. Plus, differing of opinion is what makes us all unique!
- Stop looking at the stats! Sure, its horrible when you look at the stats and see that very few people have come by. Sure, it is also a really difficult habit to break out of, but don’t do it! Write for yourself, check out other blogs etc. and people will come to you! It takes time and effort!
I don’t really want to spend my life trying to decide who to nominate for this tag, so I am going to nominate everyone!! If you see this post and it is something you want to do, consider yourself tagged!
Find me here: