Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish
Hey guys! This weeks TTT is a back to school freebie!! Now, I haven’t been in school for the last four years since I finished Sixth Form!! Which I think is crazy how fast time has gone by! This week I am going to do Top Ten books that everyone should read! Purely because there are so many books out there that I love, that I know other people haven’t read! In no particular order:
10. Vault of Dreams by Luke Taylor. I absolutely adored this book!! I received a signed ARC from the author and I ams o glad that I did because the writing is amazing – lyrical! I fell in love with all of the characters and I feel that more people should definitely be reading this book!!
9. Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill. I don’t even know where do begin with this book!! It’s almost like trying to find the words for the review all over again!! To understand just how much of an impact this book will have on your life, read it! Like, right now!!
8. A Bond of Venom and Magic by Karen Tomlinson. Ok, so I cheated a little, this book technically hasn’t been released yet. I received an ARC of this from the author and I have been raving about it ever since. This is actually tying the no. 1 spot for my favourite read of this year!! So, in October when it hits the shelves, you had better go and get it!!
7. Asking for it by Louise O’Neill. Another one of this authors books. They are all so delightfully depressing, but that is what I love about them!! This book brought out feelings… and it is, again, so true to society!!
6. Spelled by Betsy Schow. If you are looking for a pick me up, pick up this book! You will be cracking a rib from laughing too much! I cannot wait for the next book!
5. This is where it Ends by Marieke Niejkamp. I have mentioned this a lot before, but this book is so important! We have a lot of books that focus on the aftermath of a school shooting, but very rarely ones that focus on during a school shooting!
4. Ten by Gretchen McNeil. This book! I went on a binge reading session when I was pregnant and I wasn’t allowed to do absolutely anything, and this book was one of those that I devoured! It definitely had me guessing right up until the very end and was fast paced!
3. The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich. Ummm… lets talk creepy! Namely, this book. I pretty much waited until about 1:00 in the morning (with all the lights on in my house) for my husband to get back so that I could go to bed. Yup, it was one of those!
2. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas. I don’t know anyone who hasn’t read this book, but if you haven’t, then why the heck not?!? Seriously, go read this book.
1. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. This book … I don’t even know where to begin. This book is the only book that I have ever read about such a taboo subject. Heck, I was worried going into the book because it was such a taboo subject. However, this book has you feeling all the feels and everything… even though you know it is all wrong… All I can say is READ IT!!
So, that’s me! I loved all of these books and I would recommend them to everyone!!
What back to school freebie did you use? Have you read any of these books? Feel free to leave links and comments and I will check them all out!!
Find me here:
47 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
Hi – nice list! I haven’t read any of these sadly, but I definitely think Ten sounds like something I would love. My list is here http://bit.ly/2cb8ItF
You should definitely check some of these out!! Thanks for stopping by! 😀
I loved Forbidden too. I agree, it’s a book everyone should read. I was so hesitant to read it, because the subject kind of creeped me out. Yet I’m so glad I did read it!
Right!! When I read the summary, I was sort of like … Unmmmm… But it was so good!! 😀
Exactly! Especially because I also have an older brother, which makes it even weirder…
I have a younger brother … Who is only a year and a half younger… And then every time I though about it, I was like ew… No …
Yes, me too!!
These look very edgy! Thank you.
Here’s my Top Ten: Ten Books I’d Have Every Elementary Student Read*!
Forbidden! I loved that book. It wreaked me. More people definitely need to read it.
I did absolutely love it!! It is definitely underrated!! 🙂
All of these books are actually new to me so I’m excited to add them to my TBR. Thanks for spotlighting them 🙂
Anytime!! I hope you enjoy them!! :-)?
Ooh Spelled. I like the look of that book! 🙂 Great list!
You should definitely check it out! 🙂
What a fun list!
I haven’t heard of these titles. I’m adding them to our tbr!
I hope you enjoy them!! 😀
I haven’t read any of these books, so I’ll have to add them to my TBR 🙂
Thanks for visiting my TTT earlier! (https://bathtimereads.wordpress.com/2016/08/30/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-read-at-school/)
I hope you enjoy them!! 🙂
I’ve not read any of these, but Forbidden has been on my wishlist for years, and I’ve heard so many wonderful things about Dangerous Girls. Great list!
You should definitely check them all out!! 🙂
I’ve not read any of this but This is Where it Ends is on my TBR. I’ve heard nothing but great things about it. Oh, Vault of Dreams has a nice cover. Kind of reminds me of Heartless’s cover.
You should definitely check out Vault of Dreams – I reckon it is a book that you would definitely enjoy 🙂
I loved Ten and how the retelling was true to Agatha Christie but with a different enough ending that I was left guessing the whole book.
I have never read Agatha Christie, so I wouldn’t know! I just know that I absolutely loved it! 🙂
I have to check out all your books, but especially The dead house. I haven’t read a real creepy book in forever.
I hope you enjoy them!! The Dead House was definitely creepy, especially in the way it was written!! 🙂
Yes, The Dead House was amazing!
Check out my TTT.
I liked TEN a lot, and it got me reading more Gretchen McNeil. And I’ve heard Dangerous Girls is supposed to be pretty good as well.
Dangerous Girls is AMAZING!! You need to read it asap!!
Great list. I loved, loved, loved Dangerous Girls. Ten, The Dead House and Only Ever Yours were great as well. I definitely need to read Asking for It asap. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my TTT earlier. 🙂
You definitely should!! I’m glad you loved all those books as well!! 🙂
I haven’t read these books yet, but I will definitely check them out! Spelled and Forbidden already were on my TBR and I added A Bond of Venom and Magic to my TBR when I read your review 😉
I hope you enjoy them all!! 😀
Oops! I’m one of those people who hasn’t read Dangerous Girls!! I own the book, I just haven’t picked it up for some dumb reason…That will have to change, and SOON! Great Top Ten 😀 My Top Ten Tuesday!
You really really really need to get to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will I promise!! 😀
You’d better *squints eyes*
Great picks for this week’s topic Lauren! 🙂 I will admit the only book I’ve read from your list is Spelled, which I really loved, but I have more than a few of the others on my to-read list so you’ll be pleased to know I’m making a start on your required reading books! 😀
Spelled was hilarious!! And I hope you enjoy the others!! 🙂
It had two of my favourite things in one book; humour and a fairytale retelling! I hope so too, they sound amazing and that fact that you’ve rated them so highly as well is definitely a plus! 🙂
Great list! I’m only familiar with one of two of the titles you mentioned here but your reasons behind why they should be read were interesting; I’ll have to keep a lookout for them 🙂
If you do read them, I hope you enjoy them 🙂
I love Dangerous Girls! And I really enjoyed Asking For It earlier this year.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/30/top-ten-tuesday-72/
I loved both of those books!! So hard hitting!!