Hey guys! So, I was nominated for the Liebster award by Jamie @ Watch Game Read (thanks for that). This is not the first time that I have done this award, but I think it is a great way to get to know me through both the questions and the facts!
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they set you.
- Write 11 facts about yourself (optional)
- nominate 5-10 people and ask them 11 questions
What is your favourite series? I think that tends to change depending on what I have recently read etc, but at the moment it is ACOTAR! I love Maas and ACOMAF is currently my favourite 2016 read!
Which fictional character would you have dinner with? Probably Rhys from ACOMAF because… well, it’s Rhys. I don’t think there is any explanation necessary!
Which fictional universe would you prefer to live in? Harry Potter’s! Who doesn’t want to be a part of HP’s world?!?
What sort of role would you take in said world? I would probably become an Auror… sounds like a pretty decent job!
What’s your favourite period in history? Ugh, I studied history right up until the end of sixth form and I can safely say that I don’t really like any period of history anymore!! If I had to choose, it would probably be the divide of Germany after WWW between 1946 – 90 and focusing mostly on Eastern Germany. The Stasi etc was pretty fascinating! I also know someone who used to be a member of the Stasi!
What’s your favourite quote? umm… “A mind needs book like a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keeps its edge. That is why I read so much” – Tyrion Lannister
Why did you start blogging? I just wanted to try something new! I actually started out blogging about my everyday life and only moved to blogging about books about 4 months after I started initially blogging. I wanted a new hobby and I just decided on a whim to try blogging! Book blogging became my hobby afterward 🙂
What keeps you blogging? The community mostly. I love sharing my opinions and hearing other peoples opinions, whether they are the same or differing, on books. Everyone is really friendly and I have gotten to know some pretty amazing people!
When is your favourite time to blog? I don’t really have a favourite time – but I guess normally when my son is in bed because it means that my Macbook isn’t being touched by little fingers! He likes electrical stuff… phones, laptops, iPads etc!
When was the last time your mind was blown? What was it? I think it was last week, whilst reading Unnatural Deeds by Cyn Balog. That ending was CRAZY!!!!
What’s the thing on your bucket list you want to do the most? I actually don’t have a bucket list. I’m not particularly a very spontaneous character, and I don’t really mind sitting out in the sun all day reading or playing with my son etc. I’m pretty satisfied with my life!
11 random facts about myself:
- My favourite colour is green – which most people think is a bit random and weird… because green is the best colour out there!
- I’m pretty short! I am 1 metre 56 and my son, at 9 months, is nearly half my height at about 74 cm
- My husband never asked me to marry him! After I had a discussion with his dad over the dowry, I phoned him up and told him he was marrying me! We have been married for 4 years now.
- My pregnancy sickness was so bad that I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum – I was put in hospital for a week and was taking 300 mg sickness tablets per day just to keep from being sick!
- My hair is so long I can actually sit on it when it is down! This is basically why I always (and I mean ALWAYS) have my hair in a bun at the top of my head. Including when I go to sleep!
- I am considering going for dual nationality (German and British) after Brexit! I don’t think it will go that far, but at least they couldn’t kick me out of Germany.
- Clowns freak me out! I mean… those faces!
- I am claustrophobic! I hate elevators and stuff like that… small spaces just are not my thing!
- I am such a bad flyer, that my husband flew twice with me (Germany to England – and back again) and he has vowed never to fly with me again! Heights… sickness… I am actually a bad traveller in general – whether it be cars, boats etc.
- I have 4 brother in laws, 2 sister in laws and three of those brother in laws are married! So, three extra sister in laws!
- I am O negative – which is a pretty rare blood type!
My 11 questions:
- What is your favourite childhood book?
- What was/is your favourite school subject?
- What is your favourite read of 2016 so far?
- What is your most anticipated release of 2016?
- If you could sit and talk to any author, who would it be and why?
- Favourite childhood memory
- If you had to pick one book boyfriend/girlfriend to bring to life, who would it be?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your biggest pet peeve in regards to books?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What is your favourite thing to do aside from reading and blogging?