Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish
Hey guys! Firstly, I just want to say happy blogoversary to the Broke and Bookish! 6 years is a long time! This weeks TTT is top ten favourite releases of 2016 so far. A couple of these books haven’t been released this year yet and some of the books were released last year because I haven’t read 10 books that have been released this year so far! I’m a rebel, what can I say? In no particular order:
10. The Crown by Kiera Cass. Published May 3rd by HarperTeen. I loved the entirety of The Selection series! So, you can imagine my relief when my wait for this book was finally over!
9. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas Published May 3rd by Bloomsbury USA Children’s. This was the book of the year for me! I bought this book the day it came out on my kindle, I read it, and then went and bought a physical copy of the book – I am that much in love!
8. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. Published February 9th by HarperTeen. Again, another book I bought myself a physical copy of for myself, because it is another series that I love! Plus, the title for the third book is being released tomorrow by Epic Reads – if anyone is interested!
7. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke. Published March 22nd by Dial Books. If your looking for a book that isn’t all that it seems that is full of a bunch of whacked out teenagers… then this book is perfect for you!
6. This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. Published January 5th by Sourcebooks Fire. I hyped this book up to myself long before its release date and it didn’t disappoint! i had been looking for a book that took place during the shooting for quite some time and this book delivered in every way!
5. Wrecked by Maria Padian. Publish date October 4th 2016 by Algonquin Young Readers. ok, so technically, this book doesn’t belong on this list because it has yet to be released. However, I am a rebel. I read an ARC copy of this book and I loved it! Such a unique take on sexual assault!
4. One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards. Publish Date October 4th 2016 by Sourcebooks Fire. Another book that technically shouldn’t make this list. However, I read an ARC over the weekend and it was an amazing read!
3. Endure by Sara B. Larson. Published December 29th 2015 by Scholastic Press. This was the third and final instalment in the Defy series and I was sorry to see it end!
2. Spelled by Betsy Schow. Published June 2nd 2015 by Sourcebooks Fire. This book had me laughing out loud – in a pretty unladylike manner – and I had stitches in places I didn’t even know existed! Definitely worth the read!
1. What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler. Published September 22nd 2015 by HarperTeen. This book was based on a true story (The Steubenville High School Rape Case) and I think it represented the controversy of the case well. It deals with some really tough issues and highlights important ones too!
That’s me! I loved all of these books! What books have been your favourites so far this year? Feel free to leave links and comments and I will check them all out!