Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish.
Hey guys! This weeks TTT is top ten bookworm delights. I think there are so many different things to pick from that this is going to be hard to narrow down!! So, in no particular order:
10. The smell of books. Old books, new books, I love smelling them all!! This, of course, earns me some very weird looks from my non bookish husband – but I do not care!!
9. Befriending other bookish people in the blogosphere! I love finding new people to talk to and be friends with from or on Goodreads, my blog and other platforms! There are a lot of great people out there and our love for books unites us!
8. Team discussions. Obviously there are always differing opinions on who the main character should be with and this can often lead to a discussion! #TeamMaven and #TeamRhys 😉
7. Reading with a hot chocolate when it is snowing outside. This is probably my favourite thing to do because I love just sitting by the window and reading when it is snowing. Hot chocolate is obviously a given. This was inspired by the snow that is currently falling outside!!
6. Author contact. As a bookworm, author contact is the ultimate goal! I love being part of their groups and discussions and getting to know the authors past their books!
5. My blog. I love reviewing the books that I read and generating discussions about them. I think if I had to keep my opinions to myself about all of the books I read, I would probably explode.
4. My kindle is probably my most prized possession! Whilst I will always prefer physical books to an Ebook – the kindle is practical in the sense that I can take an entire library of books wherever I want and it doesn’t take up any space! Book reader’s dream…
3. Eye catching covers. I love covers that draw my attention! Pretty covers are always great because it is the first impression of a book!
2. Finding underrated books. Whilst I enjoy books that are very mainstream, hyped up books (Like ACOTAR), I love finding books that aren’t really that hyped up or well known.
1. Buying new books. This will probably most likely bankrupt me one day, but it is so worth it!!
So that is it!! What did you guys come up with? Feel free to leave links and comments below!
20 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
Oh yes, I agree with all of these. The smell of new books, old books, just books, there’s nothing like it 😀
It is pretty great 🙂
Covers are SO important, and it’s actually been amazing to see how cover design has grown over the past few years. I feel like more recently designers have been paying more attention to how a book feels to the touch as well and not just how it looks, and some books just look (and feel!) absolutely perfect. ❤
Oops, totally botched my link there! Here’s my list. 🙂
Lol, it’s fine 🙂 I still found the list 🙂
So true!! It has definitely come a long way since I was in my early teens!!
Aww yes to all of this, great list!
Aside from the Kindle and the smell of books (I have to admit, I’ve never been a sniffer), I can relate to all of these!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/top-ten-tuesday-54/
:-O but sniffing is the best!! No, each to their own I guess 🙂 you can join in with my husband 😉
Great list and I agree with all of these! I didn’t think about team discussions, but it is defintely one of my loved things about books! (I totally get you on #TeamMaven and #TeamRhys 😉 )
I just think it is great how everyone can have such differing opinions of characters within the same book 🙂
Brilliant list Lauren, I can totally agree with you on all of your points!
Thank you 🙂
‘my blog’ what a great choice – we all love our blogs don’t we and it’s how we’ve met so many other book friends.
While it may sound a little self serving, I think my blog has definitely brought me together with some new people, which I am thankful for! 🙂
#1 – well… who needs money when you have books?!? 😉 My TTT
My thoughts exactly!!
Good list! I enjoy many of the same things you do too!
Here’s a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-bookworm.html
Thanks 🙂 good to know we have some stuff in common 🙂