Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish.
Hey guys! It has been a while since I have done one of these and what a week to decide to come back to it! This week is top ten quotes from book that I have read in the past year or so. However, I am going to change this slightly to my favourite quotes from books in general. So, in no particular order:
10. “A mind needs books as a sword needs whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” George R. R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
9. “Becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible.It’s learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.” Veronica Roth, Divergent
8. “The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
7. “Fear cuts deeper than swords.” George R. R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
6. “The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.” Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss.
5. “Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well.” Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
4. “Books are easily destroyed. But words will live as long as people can remember them.” Tahereh Mafi, Unravel me
3. “It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.” Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
2. “Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.” Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass
- “No one knows what he or she is capable of until things are at their darkest.” A. G. Howard, Splintered.
That’s it! I think a lot of these quotes are either bookish or relevant to current events – hence the reason they are some of my favourite quotes at the moment! What were yours? Feel free to leave comments and answers below!