Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish.
Hey guys! I realise I haven’t posted in the last couple of weeks – I seem to have spent most of my days sleeping! Problems of a pregnant woman! Either way, I am posting this Weeks TTT which is top ten books that feature diversity! So without further ado and in no particular order:
10. Dragonlance by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. These books feature a wide range of people, species and minorities in general. Plus, each person has their own demons and their own social problems to face!
9. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. This book represents people of different classes and treatments based purely on the colour of their blood. I loved this book and can’t wait for the next one!!
8. Pointe by Brandy Colbert. Abduction, anorexia, love interests etc. Do we need any more diversity?
7. Splintered by A. G. Howard. Despite the fact that this couldn’t be realistic in any sense or form, all you have to do is compare the characters that come from Wonderland to those who come from the real world to see the diversity. It is almost like a culture shock!
6. Shatter Me be Tahereh Mafi. A book with a minority of people who face a social stigma based on the fact that they have powers. Plus, you know, dystopian society and all that…
5. The Selection by Kiera Cass. 35 girls, all from different upbringings, backgrounds, classes and locations.
4. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan. Levithans books normally feature some form of diversity in it – so I decided to go with the first book of his that I ever read, which features gay teens as well as a chorus of men who passed away from aids and a bunch of teens facing problems of their own in relation to their sexuality.
3. The Fat Girl by Marilyn Sachs. An overweight girl who faces the stigmas of high school society and an abusive relationship.
2. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. Our MC has a Korean background – so some of the culture differences show within this book is a form of diversity.
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth. Need I explain this one?
So that’s it? What’s on your lists? Feel free to leave links and comments below.
4 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
Great selection of books! 🙂 I must have missed that you were pregnant! Congratulations!
Thanks and thank you 🙂
I currently reading the red queen and love it! Great list and happy napping!
I adored Red Queen when I read it a while back! I wish I could nap and read at the same time. So many things to do and so little time to do them in!