Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish!
Hey guys! Before I go into this post I just want to say happy anniversary to my amazing husband! Feels like I have been married to him for a lifetime rather than just three years – but in a good way! 😀
So, this week’s TTT is Top Ten Hyped Books That I Have Never Read. This post could cause a few people some heart attacks – so try not to be too surprised!!
10. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. *Ducks head* Yes, I have never read this book and no, I don’t really have the intention of reading this book. After seeing it everywhere, the hype of the film coming out etc. I just cannot face opening this book. I may be missing out I may not be – who knows? It could be that after some time, I might attempt to crack open this book – that will take a while though!
9. The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. This book was recently all the rage and I did actually attempt to jump on the bandwagon and read it. I, however, did not get very far in and I ended up DNFing it.
8. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. This book is actually on my TBR list and there it will most likely remain until I have forgotten the amount of hype that surrounded this book upon its release. I have the horrible feeling that this is going to be one of those books that I am really going to want to love and I just won’t…
7. Red Rising by Pierce Brown. I actually red the synopsis of this book no less than 1,000 times before finally deciding to add it to my TBR list. Since then I just haven’t opened it – I have the funny feeling I just won’t like it.
6. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. This is a series that I started and absolutely loved. I feel like that hype that surrounds this series is even justified – why I haven’t read this book yet is beyond me… especially considering the fact that I own a copy! This is a faceplate moment, I think!
5. Anything Sarah Dessen has written. She has written a fair few books – some of these books are even on my TBR list. Have I read any of them? No. Have I attempted to read any of them? No. Will I? Yes, at some point. Hopefully soon!
4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This is a series that took me forever to add to my TBR list based purely on the fact that I love the original story of Cinderella. It is my favourite Disney film and was as a child too. After finally adding it, I never got around to actually reading it because of the hype surrounding it and still surrounds it!
3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. This is just one of those books that I had every intention of reading and still do, but my TBR list just hasn’t allowed me to get around to it!
2. The Maze Runner by James Dasher. I actually went and saw this in the cinema with my husband (unfortunately in German), but the book never really appealed to me.
1. The Young Elites by Marie Lu. Again, this is a book that I own but have never gotten around to actually reading it! I will… At some point!
What about you guys? Feel free to leave comments and links in the comments section below and I will check them all out!
13 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
I have The Fault in Our Stars on my list too: http://booksthething.com/2015/07/07/top-ten-hyped-books-ive-never-read/
So glad I am not alone in this! 😀 Thanks for stopping by
Great list. I see a couple I’ve read and a couple that I have but haven’t gotten to yet. The Wrath and the Dawn made my list as well. My TTT
It’s always the way with the TBR list!
Great list! The Fault in Our Stars made my list too and while I’ve heard of all the rest I haven’t read any of them either. I definitely want to read Cinder and am hoping to get to it this year but there are just so many books out there!
So many books and just not enough time!!
The Maze Runner is on my list too! But I’ve read The Fault In Our Stars and I’d highly recommend it!
My TTT: https://thebookbrief.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/top-ten-tuesday-hyped-books-ive-never-read/
Red Rising is also on my Top Ten list, and honestly, The Heir should be on it (I also have it sitting on my shelf waiting for me, but I want to read it closer to the Queen of Shadows release).
Also, I was really excited about The Wrath and The Dawn but after hearing so many mixed reviews, II’m not so sure now
I really need to catch up in the Throne of Glass series – I may have to read the first two again!
An Ember in the Ashes made my top ten as well.
I will probably get around to it at some point!
It seems that everyone picks “The Fault in our Stars” and I admit it is not the best one in the world, it is still worth it!
“Cinder” is on my list too, I hear so many book-tubers talk about it, it must be good?
I may get around to it at some point. I may not – who knows? I am planning on reading Cinder … But first I need to get a copy!