Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and Bookish.
Hi guys! Can’t believe we’r halfway through the year already – where is it going??? This weeks TTT is top ten books that I’d like to see as films/TV Shows. This is a hard one, especially (and we all know it), the books are always better than the films! However, here are my choices, in no particular order:
10. Dragonlance by Magaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. I have read both the Chronicles series and the Legends series and I think, if done right, these books would make epic films! Just like Lord of the Rings!
9. The Walls Around Us by Nova Suma. Not entirely sure how they would film it to get the right atmosphere, but I reckon this could be quite creepy!
8. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. For anyone who knows me/follows my blog etc. will know that I absolutely adore this series! I would love to see what they could do with it on screen!
7. Splintered by A. G. Howard. I reckon Tim Burton’s imagination could handle this – what do you guys think?
6. The Selection by Kiera Cass. I guess this one is technically cheating since Warner Bros recently bought the film rights for this series – but I am still looking forward to it!
5. Say Her Name by James Dawson. My life is missing a decent horror movie – or maybe I just don’t scare easily? Either way, this could make for a good horror movie! 🙂
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Again, this could be a great film – if the film industry could handle such awesomness…
3. The Iron Trials by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. This would be a challenge because of the high risk that it would be just like Harry Potter!
2. Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley. With a little bit of everything in this book – it could easily be a crowd pleaser if done right.
1. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas. Again, another challenge. If they got the psychology right and portrayed it in the right way, this could be as enjoyable as the book.
That’s it! What do you guys think? Feel free to leave opinions, answers and links in the comments section below.
25 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
Great list! I only knew a few of these books, so now I’m off to look some of them up. 🙂
Here is my list: http://insearchoftheendofthesidewalk.com/2015/06/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-id-love-to-see-as-moviestv-shows/
They are all such amazing books! i hope you find something that you may want to read! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by…
Oh man, I can’t believe I forgot about Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I need that movie in my life!!
Here’s my list: http://bornandread.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesdays-books-as-tvmovies/
There are so many books out there, that one person can’t remember everything! Thanks for stopping by
OHHH YES TO ALL OF THESE. *gulps* Dangerous Girls would be terrifying…but perfect if they got that suspense right. And Tim Burton absolutely 1000% needs to do Splintered. xD IMAGINE THE CUSTOMS AND SCENERY. I’m pretty much desperate to see that. I’d like to see Daughter of Smoke and Bone on screen….but at the same time, gah, so much of the beautifulness of that series is in the prose and I have nooo idea how it’d translate to screen. I’D SEE IT THOUGH.
Here’s my TTT!
They probably wouldn’t get it right though! It would be so hard to communicate on screen. Tim Burton’s imagination would probably do really amazing things to Splintered! it would be unreal. Again, Daughter of Smoke and Bone would be excellent if they got it right…Thanks for stopping by
I think that Dangerous Girls would be fantastic! I’ve also got it in my TTT.
I can’t believe I forgot Daughter of Smoke & Bone, that would be a fantastic movie series 🙂
It would be interesting to see how they do it and who would play the characters!
I had Dangerous Girls in my TTT this week as well, it would be fabulous, if they got it right.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-7/
Seems to be fairly popular 🙂
I was glad to see that, it’s such a great book it deserves the recognition.
Dangerous Boys would probably be quite good as well! I went for this one because it is my favourite of the two! 🙂
Dangerous Boys would probably be quite good, I agree but like you Dangerous Girls was my favourite of the two as well.
Dangerous Girls would be amazing on the big screen! I would love to see Say Her Name being adapted even though I think it would be too much for me. 😉
I have been in search for a decent horror movie for a while now… I guess some people scare more than others! If it gets made, we can go together and you can hide behind my hair! 😛
I’m definitely adding Say Her Name to my to read list, I’m always looking for some new YA horror. Great picks! My list.
James Dawson is a great author! Glad you found another book to add
I would LOVE to see Daughter of Smoke and Bone on screen, that would be incredible! I’d also be very curious to see what they did with the Iron Trial! Great list!
The only problem with the Iron Trials is that it may turn into HP – which we don’t want!
Daughter of Smoke and Bone would be great if done right!
Check out my TTT.
I agree! 🙂
Great list!!! I have the the Selection on mine as well. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great week. My TT
I guess it is technically cheating considering they are already making a film out of it – but I still can’t wait!
Haver you read REd Queen… I think it would also work really well and if you haven’t I suspect you’d like it 🙂
I have read it 🙂 you can find my review here: https://pageturner20.wordpress.com/2015/02/15/red-queen-by-victoria-aveyard/