Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish
Hi guys! This weeks TTT is based on our favourite heroines! There are so many to pick from, I am not even sure where to start! so in no particular order:
10. Juliette from Shatter Me. I loved her as a character. She is strong, she never gave up but she also learned through her mistakes and she took the advice of others.
9. Katniss from The Hunger Games. I can see Katniss being on a lot of lists this week – so we don’t need to say much, other than she is a strong character!
8. Sang from the Ghost Bird Series. While she isn’t a strong character in the sense of Katniss or Juliette, Sang is strong in her own way. She is a quick learner and very very loyal. Her character is constantly growing, which is what I love about her.
7. Celaena from Throne of Glass. Again, another strong female lead who I can see being on quite a few lists!
6. America from The Selection. America is strong willed and stubborn, but this doesn’t stop her character from learning throughout the series. She is also a loyal character. Some things don’t get her down, whereas others do and I feel like this makes her more realistic.
5. Beatrice/Tris from Divergent. Obvious choice – again!
4. Mare from Red Queen. Mare is a fighter. She doesn’t just sit back and take what they throw at her. “Anyone can betray anyone.”
3. Alyssa from Splintered. While currently reading Ensnared, I am reminded of just how much I love Alyssa! She takes the word crazy and gives it a whole new meaning – and she does this in style!
2. Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Karou is a character who never gives up. No matter what happened throughout this entire series, she pushed through it and found a solution to whatever problem was facing her.
1. Alexa from Defy. I think if you gave anyone a female lead who is forced to disguise herself as a boy, who manages to earn a place on the elite prince’s guard, that they will love her!
This was such a hard choice! I feel like there are so many more that I left out of the spotlight and I am left feeling guilty! What were your choices? Feel free to leave a link or your answers in the comments below and I shall check them out! 🙂