Hey Guys! So, I came across these questions whilst visiting Chrissi’s blog and thought I would answer them myself. There are 55 questions so that you can get to know me better. 🙂
1. Favourite Childhood Book:
Any one of the Mate’s, Date’s series by Meg Cabot. I literally devoured every single book and I even own some of them still. I couldn’t bring myself to give them away.
2. What are you reading right now?
At the moment I am reading Unwanted by Kristina Ohlsson. It is proving to be as enjoyable as the first book I read of hers and I would recommend her as an author.
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
Well, I don’t actually visit the library… I don’t even own a card!
4. Bad Book Habit:
I am really bad at lending my books out to people because I am so protective of them. I worry about the state I will get them back in.
5. What do you currently have checked out of the library?
See the answer to #3
6. Do you have an e – reader?
No, I actually don’t. I have been debating for a long while whether or not to buy one. I do have the kindle app on my phone though, so I guess I should just buy one?
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I am very picky about the fact that I read only one book at a time. If I read more than one at a time, then I mix up the stories!
8. Have your reading habits changed since you started a blog?
Since I started my review blog, I have actually had less time to read than before I started out! I am constantly busy, so it can take me sometimes ages to finish what is inevitably a quick read.
9. Least favourite book you have read this year:
Reboot. I picked it up because I had read some amazing reviews about it; but in the end, I ended up DNF ing it.
10. Favourite book I have read this year:
Tough call between Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma and Shatter Me by Tahareh Mafi
11.How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
I am getting much better at reading books out of my comfort zone. I am beginning to read more challenging topics and some of them really make an impact on me. For example Forbidden!
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Mostly Young Adult, the genre doesn’t really matter.
13. Can you read on the bus?
Unfortunately no. I cannot read on any form of transportation because it will ensue in me throwing up.
14. Favourite place to read?
In bed, warm and cosy!
15. What’s your policy on book lending?
As long as I really trust the person, I don’t mind lending books out. If the book is really old and is a little bit worse for wear, then I will lend it out without a problem. I do normally lecture people on the treatment of my books before they get one in their hands, however!
16. Do you dog ear your books?
The mere thought is making me cringe!
17. Do you write notes in the margin?
No! The only time I wrote a notes in the margins was for the books I bought for my English GCSE Exams!
18. Do you break/crack the spines of your books?
19. What is your favourite language to read in?
English because it is my mother tongue. I can read in German too, but I don’t connect with the book the way I do when I read in English.
20. What makes you love a book?
I always love a book when I can relate with the characters and I can envision the world that I am reading. If they don’t seem realistic, then it is unlikely that I will actually like the book
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
I will always recommend a book if I get the feels. Whether it brings me to tears or makes me jump with joy, I will recommend it.
22. Favourite genre:
Dystopian or Romance
23. Genre you rarely read, but wish you did:
I don’t really have a genre that I rarely read. If the mood takes me to a particular genre, then I will go there, but I don’t wish that I read more of one particular genre
24. Favourite Biography:
I don’t really read Biographies, but I love Michael McIntyre‘s autobiography
25. Have you ever read a self help book and was it actually helpful?
No, I have never read a self help book.
26. Favourite cookbook:
I don’t have one…
27. Most inspirational book you have read this year:
Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
28. Favourite reading snack:
Anything chocolate related!
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience:
Reboot by Amy Tintera was a major disappointment for me. I DNFed it.
30. How often do you agree with the critics about a book?
I don’t actually read what the critics say because I have often found in the past that they have no clue as to what they are talking about!
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I don’t really mind it as long as there is reasoning behind it and the book has deserved it. I do always try and find at least one good thing to say about the book though.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which would you choose?
I can already read in a foreign language (German), but I would love to be able to read in Italian!
33. Most intimidating book I have read:
This is a tough one, I think Wuthering Heights because of the fact that it is a classic and I generally don’t finish classics!
34. Most intimidating book I am too nervous to begin:
I have a book about Freud’s psychological research and conclusions, I am still waiting for the right mood to take me there!
35. Favourite poet:
I am not a fan of poetry
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
When I had a library card in England, I would take out anything from 3 – 8 books at a time; it depended on whether I found anything I really wanted to read
37. How often do you return books to the library unread?
I don’t think I ever did return a book to the library that I never read
38. Favourite fictional character:
Oh wow! Such a hard question because I have so many! Professor Dumbledore has always and will always be a favourite character of mine.
39. Favourite fictional villain:
Voldemort (of course!)
40. Books most likely to bring on a vacation:
I always tend to take light hearted summery reads on vacation
41. The longest I have gone without reading?
I think maybe a month in which I revised for some exams I had; but even then I found time to read something!
42. Name a book you could/would not finish:
Rather than a single book, I have a series – I won’t finish the Matched series by Ally Condie because I didn’t particularly enjoy the first book.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
I don’t actually get distracted when reading. I have been known to be so far away in a book, that people have shouted my name from next to me and I never even heard them!!!
44. Favourite film adaptation of a novel:
P.S I love you. I was in tears the whole way through both the book and the film!
45. Most disappointing film adaptation:
Believe it or not, I was actually disappointed with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix!
46. Most money I have ever spent in a bookstore at one time:
I try not to think about it…
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Never. I read the blurb and that’s it.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through?
If I don’t feel like I can relate to the characters or the world that I am reading is not well developed, then I will stop reading halfway through
49. Do you like to keep your books organised?
I organise my books alphabetically from the last name of the author. (I did work experience in a library)
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’re read?
I prefer to keep my books because I always read a book more than once!
51. Are there any books you have been avoiding?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This book is so hyped at the moment, I am worried that I won’t actually enjoy it. Instead, I would rather run away from it!
52. Name a book that made you angry:
I don’t have a book that has ever made me angry…
53. A book I didn’t expect to like, but did:
The Disappeared by Kristina Ohlsson
54. A book I expected to like, but didn’t:
Legend by Marie Lu
55. Favourite guilty free guilty pleasure reading:
Believe it or not, Twilight!
There! All finished! I hope you guys learned something about my bookish habits and feel like you know me better now 🙂
3 thoughts on “55 bookish questions to get to know me better!”
I love this sort of post to get to know more about the blogger! Legend surprised me too.
Me too! 🙂 I was disappointed by Legend
Reblogged this on itsonlyabookaddiction.